View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 03:03 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EliteXC continues to ruin MMA.........

First of all they had a solid showing with a 4.65 rating which is excellent considering they were competing with the baseball playoffs and College football.

However Seth Petruzelli the man that knocked out Kimbo. Came out yesterday and said:

"When they came back and offered me the fight, the EliteXC officials hinted at a bigger payday if I stood with Kimbo and avoided the ground game."

The next day he comes out and says that it was a knockout bonus which is very common. However Benji Radach who fought on the undercard then said:

"I was never told about any knockout bonus. They just didnt want Kimbo to get dominated on the ground."

Jake Shields who fought on the card also said that he felt like the referees were trying to keep fights standing to entertain the crowd, he had full mount several times and the ref kept threatening to stand it up and told him to work eventhough he was dominating his opponent.

Roy Nelson who fought Andrei Arlovski also complained about quick standups when he had dominant positions n Arlovski.

This is why you dont have boxing promoters in MMA. This is ridiculous.

Also VP of ELiteXC Jared Shaw who was going crazy when Kimbo lost and was yelling for the ref not calling shots in the back of the head. Said he was sorry and that he was not rooting for anyone, that he just wanted the fight to be fair. LOL. He said he is happy now they have two superstars.