View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Refs are hired by the athletic commissions of the hosting states. They aren't employees of EliteXC, UFC, Affliction, etc.

I don't recall Roy ever been in any dominant position with Arlovski.

Talking about horrible refs, have you seen the score cards and refs of any recent UFC cards? There exist no uniform rules or scoring qualifications. Thus inconsistency is the name of the game in MMA and I think this is where a WAMMA organization could do the sport good.

Everyone knew Kimbo was a joke as far as MMA quality fighting goes. But can't hate the player nor the organization for promoting him. Who doesn't mind watching a bad bare knuckle brawler mix it up in the ring? It's dudes like him that laid the foundation for the sport 15 years ago and who bring in a new crowd of watchers today.

Roy is saying he was in half guard a few times. I agree with you on the refs but dont act like the crowd doesnt sway them. Also it is not Kimbos fault we would run with it as well. But seriously did you see Jared Shaw during the fight? Also giving guys money for standing with Kimbo, thats a joke.