View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #17
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
I disagree with:

I didn't hear Bronco say the O was "deliberately conservative" to start the game. I didn't hear all the postgame, so I easily could have missed it, but what I heard him say is that (paraphrased from memory) "given the nature of UNM's defense, it's easier to learn & understand what they're doing when you are passing the ball than when you are running the ball, so we went into the game intending on starting off passing the ball."

If that's truly the case (and I don't know if it is - it's beyond my understanding of the game), exactly what play BYU ran in the 1st Q would you have had them call differently?

Is the only thing in my post that you disagree with your intimations about the conservative nature of the playcalling?

Do you disagree that the following accomplishments will yield a win over TCU?
1. No turnovers
2. Scoring a TD on 33% of possessions & a FGA on 11%.
3. Holding their O to 60% of their average rushing total
I mostly agree with you here.

Keep in mind that the TCU defense is much better than New Mexico's, so I think the offense will have to execute at a higher level than they did last Saturday.

Of course I agree on the turnover aspect.

Given how BYU has played for their 2 road games, they are going to have to come out and get an early lead. They will have to play better than they did last Saturday to win. That is a statement that I will not back off of.