Thread: Stage 17
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2006, 04:38 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
The last ITT is hillier and more technical, I believe, than the first one. This should help Landis, if anything. WHat an incredible ride today. Bobke, in a bit of hyperbole, said it was the best individual effort ever in the TdF. Not sure about that, but it is certainyl among the best.

Pereiro has been impressive in Yellow. I hope he sticks on the podium. Sastre has looked to be the strongest rider not named Landis.

I like the heat stroke theory. It certainly fits with what we saw. WHen he cracked yesterday he looked like he suddenly shifted into a compleltely different gear. Arch and Q would have kicked his butt on the last few kilometers. It also explains why he took so much water to cool himself today.

What a fascinating ride. Landis can win and no one, except perhaps the lovely and devoted amber (I was getting a little tired of seeing her), thought he could just 6 hours agao. amazing.
When I saw Landis yesterday, I thought immediately, "hey, I've been there more often than Landis. At least he is human. With Lance, you felt he had become a machine."