View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
but I don't understand Dems gloating. I have been resigned to the fact that Obama was going to win this election once he put Hillary away. But are Dems gloating because their party is back in the house or because they really believe that Obama will save this country?

For the record I have zero faith in either candidate to right this ship that is the USA. More than anything I find it sad commentary when these two are the best our country has to offer. Funny, because I felt this way 4 years ago and 8 years ago as well.

I'm more interested in seeing Obama's cabinet. With the Dems controlling everything I want to see how Obama implements his policies. I fear a democrat backlash in 4 years like we've seen with the Republican party the past 2 years.

For the sake of our country and freedoms I hope I am wrong and that whoever should be elected can restore my faith in the presidential office.
Gloating is what everyone does. There was plenty of it among republicans after the 94 elections -- so much of it in fact that they failed to get anything meaningful done. In their cockiness they decided shutting down the government entirely was a good thing. The public wasn't amused and they paid for it in subsequent elections, including getting Clinton voted back in for a second term.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote