View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
I know I've posted this information in the distant past, but as with a good high colonic, it's important that I flush out weird memories occasionally....

Dick Harmon and I played on the same intramural basketball team around 1975. We had a mutual friend who brought us all together. Harmon played the point, and [Attention Readers: Please swallow whatever beverage you may have in your mouth before proceeding, lest you inflict inflict irreparable damage to your keyboard, screen or desktop glamour shot of Bronco] I was the team's aircraft carrier, filling the lane at the 5 spot.

We sucked, but managed to win more post-season tourney games (1) than we're currently used to.

I'll save locker room details for a more intimate forum.
This must have been back when everyone wore Chuck Taylors for sports, power forwards were about 150 pounds, and the school science teacher slipped some flubber under your shoes to help you win the big game.

Harmon was shorter than I had imagined. He and Aussie saw eye to eye, literally.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote