View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
The political awareness of your friends is hardly indicative of the major players at the national level. It was widely rumored that Palin was specifically selected because Dobson had withheld his endorsement. If that's true, or even if his opinion was a consideration, that's quite an influence. And indeed, following her selection Dobson announced that he was finally "comfortable" with the Republican ticket.

I do find it unlikely that any of your friends in "significant" positions within the party would not be aware of Dobson, Focus on the Family, and its PAC.

I am speaking of his influence on the party at the national level. I never suggested that he influences each voter individually.

If you think that his influence is limited to his interaction with his subscribers and listeners, then you're not following along. Rove consults Dobson regularly, if not daily.

Regardless, you and I have had this discussion a hundred times already. You know my feelings on the matter and we know that we will not come to agreement as to the best response to this election or the best means of shaping the future of the Republican party. You and I could go back and forth forever but we probably both have better things to do than rehash the same argument. As a chick once said, "I won't back down and I don't have time to go round and round."
You almost sound like tooblue, "we know Rove". We have news reports making such statements, but working behind the scenes I "know" nothing reported actually represents what goes on in reality. So for that reason I am doubtful as to Dobson's Republican Party influence, only as a matter of degree.