View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #8
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Yes, I'm in Manila. I've lived in Cebu and my wife is from QC. I bounce between two or three hotels in Makati on my trips here. I used to really like it here, but now it's totally a job and I can't wait to get out of here. I met my wife my first day in the country and this is my first trip here without her. It pretty much sucks if she's not here.

Which mission did you serve in? I see missionaries all the time and buy them lunch. There are quite a few missions in the area and a new temple going up in Cebu. The Church is growing quickly. I run members all the time at work. It always surprises me how many members there are here.
I was in the Naga Mission. The Bicol region is so beautiful. Lots of rice fields. The people are very poor, but they either don't know or they don't care. They would give you the shirt off their back. I love their laid back attitude. Punctuality wasn't important, naps every afternoon, and not judgemental. I would love to spend a couple of weeks there and just unwind. It's sad they have fallen victim to terrosist groups.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote