View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 01:54 PM   #15
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
Great information. Thank you for taking the time to go through that. I will be staying on the other side of the Island. I'm staying at the JW Marriott on Queensland or something like that, but in the business district. Are you familiar at all with the area? Do I just need to go to Kowloon? I could change my hotel still, but I do need to stay in a Marriott because....well, because it's free. There is a Renaissance that is a harbor view also. Should I change?

I can eat Western food at least half the year, so I'm looking for something very unique to Hong Kong and the region. Any suggestions there?

Do I need a visa to visit Shenzhen? I know I'm good for Hong Kong and Macau, but I was under the impression I needed a visa for Shenzhen. I'd like to visit even if only for a few hours if I don't need a visa.

Again, thanks for your help and recommendations. I appreciate it.
The only food I remember is the sushi-go-round near our hotel on Kowloon. My wife and I were traveling with some picky eaters so we would sneak away and fill up on sushi when they weren't looking.