View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
It's interesting, because after he talks about what kind of person should be president, then he talks about, you know, what happens after November 5th. Kind of a "then what?" Sort of thing.

And he's like

1. Stop complaining. We live in the greatest, most blesse'd nation on earth and whether we disagree with her leadership or her policies or her war or her taxation or whatever, we should never take her for granted.

2. Stop criticizing. We are commanded to respect government because "there is no authority that He has not established."

3. Start praying. He feels like we really have no right to complain about what's going on if we're selfishly praying for ourselves and our families but not for our nation and its leaders.

Anyway, it was probably the most sincere, heartfelt delivery I've heard from a minister in ages.
BTW.......I love listening to evangelicals and preachers in Levis and t-shirts. Osteen, this guy, et al. They certainly are entertaining in that they summarize the scriptures pretty well......in most cases. There's also a priest on ETWN that I enjoy. He has an Italian sounding last name (he constantly talks about Christ and God in a text that indicates two separate beings even though their theology teaches otherwise).