View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #40
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Do they? Homosexuality is SUCH a problematic issue and my heart goes out to those who have to deal with it either personally or in their family. I have several gay friends who are LDS or former LDS and I really have no answer for them.

But the bottom line is this. Homosexual relationships are NOT in concert with the gospel. They just aren't. That has been made clear over and over. Since the family is central to the plan of Salvation, how do you reconcile homosexuality. You can't.

So how exactly do you make a place for them in the Church? Love them, support them in their rightous endeavors, etc. absolutely. But the bottom line is that they are not going to feel a part of the church with family relationships being such a big part of it.

I really have no answer. It's one of the "god will sort it all out" things to me.
your error is that nobody is asking the church to make room for them at the church with prop 8 or similar measures. the church's spin included that prop 8 was a threat to religious freedoms. however, the proposition was about allowing or disallowing them to have the same civil rights as heterosexual people who can marry. it has nothing to do with the religious beliefs or organization's rights under the first amendment.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote