View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #78
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
Sorry Lebowski - nothing hollow about the victory. It is good to see people stand up for something they believe to be a moral issue against a group of very influential liberals. The only cost was to those who contributed $s and time to the cause and I appreciate their efforts. Those who are the Church's enemies today, were enemies yesterday, and will be enemies tomorrow. The Church's position on this issue has been well documented for years. The Church took a stand and encouraged its members to support the prop with time and $s. Many Church members responded positively and excercised their rights as Americans to do so. Some did so because of a personal belief that it was the right thing to do, some did so because of a sense of duty, and some may have done it because of ignorance, yet, they answered the call of their Church leaders and invested their dollars and time. Similar to what the Youngs did in opposition of prop 8. Many on this board were in opposition to prop 8 and they had every right to do so and could have contributed $$s and time to further their position.
OK, congratulations. You stopped the queers from getting married. Swell for you.

I read your post in the other thread regarding your views on homosexuality and gay marriage and frankly I just don't find your reasons very thoughtful or compelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
The Church is not going to suffer any long term consequences for its position on gay marriage. Again, its position has been well documented for years.
It's position has been "well-doumented for years"? Which position is that? The current church position that gays are welcome in the church as long as they are celibate? Or the old position that being gay is a choice and anyone who is a homosexual is in a state of sin?

Don't kid yourself. The church's position is in a state of evolution. We are in a period of entrenchment, but it won't last forever.