View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #7
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
If there is one area of weakness on the TCU defense, they've shown (except against BYU) that they can get beat with the deep ball. Oklahoma jumped on them very early by doing this...and before you knew it the game was over. CSU also did it,,,but their WR couldn't hold onto the ball or else that game is a different outcome.

I suspect a few times in the 1st half,,,especially early on in their 1st or 2nd drive look for Utah go with an early punch to the gut by hitting David Reed, Aiona Key...or Brent Casteel deep.
If BJ could hit a wide open streaking receiver under pressure we would have beaten UNM by 30. It was there all night, it was the antidote to what they were doing to us defensively, and we were utterly incapable of capitalizing. He tried to make the throw, so it wasn't a recognition problem, he just couldn't get it there. I'm not sure he can make those throws.

I believe that we are going to see the running game executed better by Utah tonight and a win over TCU by less than a TD. Something along the lines of 23-20.