View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 03:59 AM   #43
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Utah of 2004, I would have been fine if they were matched up with any of the top teams that year (OK, USC or Auburn)...I am not saying that Utah would have beaten any of them, but it would have been a very entertaining game.

Utah of this year is a good team, top 20 even, maybe top 15. But I do not have much of a desire to play a Texas, Florida or any of them. I would be happy for any BCS game (if they get there) but my nervousness of how the Utes would do would be tenfold playing one of the top 5 teams.

With all that said, the BYU game will be real tough if Johnson has one of his lackluster games.
I couldn't disagree more. You should always want your team to get into the best bowl possible. Did you know this team is ranked as high as 2004 at a comparable stage in the season? Did 2004 beat any team as good as TCU, OSU or BYU this year? (I'm including BYU because the discussion hypothetically is about whether Utah should want to play as good a team as possible in a bowl game.) Who has Florida beaten of any moment outside of its own crappy conference? Who has USC beaten outside it's own crappy conference except a team from the crappy Big Ten?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote