View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
ERA was a bigger involvement from the Church by FAR. ERA was an amendment to the U.S. constitution and the Church mobilized on a national scale. Prop 8 was peanuts compared to the Church's effort on ERA.

I was just a kid back in the late 70s and lived in San Diego. I remember going to an Area conference in Pasadena (Rose Bowl) were Spencer W. Kimball (the prophet at the time) was speaking. There were many vocal Anti LDS protesters outside the Rose Bowl as well as people passing out No and Yes literature on ERA.
DUDE, I went to that conference too! In fact I just found some abstract ticket in my house for the event. What I vividly remember was eating food inbetween the sessions and during the last hour of the second sesssion asking my mom why we couldn't leave like everyone else. She responded "we endure to the end."

I do not recall a single protestor.