View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #27
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Yawn. more non-responsive silliness.
Maybe you need to read your own posts more carefully.

Quote:
I am entitled. I am entitled to boo, cheer, critique, or support as I see fit. Or are you suggesting that I am not?
Some things yes, some no.

Quote:
I haven't relied on my contributions as a basis for my right to do anything. In fact, until this latest strawman post of yours, we werent even discussing "rights"
It's not a straw man. I said if it doesn't apply to you, then I take it back.

Quote:
I find nothing wrong a coach asking fans to step up their commitment. But if a coach is going to ask fans to step up their commitment, on the heels of receiving a huge pay raise and an extension directly out of the pockets of those same fans, then why would he get offended that people are let down by some of his work product?

Bronco shouldn't be questioning the investment of commitment of the fans when his very job is paid by the fans. Since you are relatively clueless as to how D-1 football programs operate financially, I can tell you that a 100% fan subsidy for a coaches salary is almost unheard of. Of all the things Bronco can complain about, fans being "invested" in the program is the worst one.
See comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
I don't understand your Entitled Fan Syndrome. Every fan is entitled to something because they have invested something whether it be time to watch them on TV, the money for a ticket to game, or if they donated a few hundred thousand quid to the Coaches Circle. If you don't feel some sort of entitlement as a fan then I don't think you're truly a fan.

I don't get Bronco's or Bright's comments at all in regards to this matter. It seems as though they are saying the opposite of what you are. We're not fully invested so we're not entitled to booing I think. But what I think they really mean is that if we were fully invested then we wouldn't boo at all.
Sure, when you spend time and money on learning about, caring about, and watching a team, there's a sense of euphoria or disappointment that accompanies their performance.

But I don't think that grants someone the right to be a jerk, especially when in truth, your contribution is very small and only indirectly relates to said performance.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote