View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:19 PM   #8
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruincoug View Post
What I'm ASKING is who you would take if you were the Fiesta Bowl -- and it sounds like you'd take Penn State or Ohio State (or Michigan State) if they are available.

As to whether the Fiesta Bowl would select a team OTHER THAN Ohio State if that is their only Big 10 option, see here:

From Fiutak at http://cfn.scout.com/2/809974.html

I think that the Fiesta Bowl is unlikely to choose Boise State --and that the Orange Bowl will get Boise State vs. the ACC Champ.

At least one expert thinks that BYU-to-Fiesta is possible. If (1) BYU beats Utah (2) Ohio State loses to Illinois or Michigan AND (3) Penn State beats Michigan State, it may even be likely.

Ohio State has gone to and won 3 of the last 6 Fiesta Bowls (and gone to the NCG two of the other years). So, the Fiesta Bowl has definitely built strong ties there. However, I'm rooting aganist Ohio State and Michigan State from here out.
This is all assuming BYU climbs into the top 14 if they win out.

Still, I am with you in rooting against the Ohio State & Michigan State. I'm also rooting against the highest-ranked ACC & Big East teams, as a rule.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote