View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauso79 View Post
They did play real close to Louisville, They were only down 2 with a minute left but the final score ended 74-67. One thing that may have played a difference is that Georgetown College is from Kentucky so playing Louisville was kind of like a home game. Our biggest advantage was our size. Miles and Hartsock had a ton of blocks. Hartsock looked good defensively although he may not contribute a ton offensively at first, his added depth at the 4 is going to be needed this year. I think it would be a mistake to redshirt him just because of our lack of depth. Abouo seems to be getting better. His outside shot looked much better last night as did Morgans. They both hit a couple of 3's. Emery seems to be progressing nicely as well. He reminds of Scheyer that plays for Duke. Overall our team seems to be way more balanced and we have a ton of outside shooters this season. When Fredette, Emery, Cummard, and Tavernari are all on the floor good luck defending the perimeter. Miles passed extremely well out of the post, something TP never did. Morgan is very quick up the floor and does things with a ball Murdock could only dream of. His lack of height is still a concern though. Pinegar got eaten alive last night by the more athletic guards so not sure what's going to happen with him.

This is how the team seems to be shaping up:

1: Morgan/Fredette/Pinegar
2: Fredette/Emery/Loyd
3: Cummard/Abouo/Tavernari
4: Tavernari/Hartsock-?/Abouo
5: Miles/MacGregor/Anderson
Good post. Abouo looked good. Strong and should be a good defender. I thought Miles played well also. This team will be able to shoot teams out of a zone defense like BYU did to Syracuse in the first round a few years ago.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote