View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #36
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Hmm. . . last year I did give candy, but then they just starting feeling so entitled that it annoyed me. So this year, I don't give candy. I mainly just try to get them to keep sitting in their chairs and watch as they gradually slide into "too cool" for primary, which must be what the age of accountability is really about.
I was being sarcastic with my post by channeling my inner SU. But I really did enjoy being a part of the kids' baptism and helping them prepare for that milestone.

I think the 11 year old Blazers and Merrie Miss class are the most difficult. They're the ones with the too cool for primary attitude. Granted that is an awkward age, too old for primary, not old enough for YM/YW.

My friend's mother had taught seminary to a rowdy bunch. When her frustration was too much she finally baked them a huge cake and took it them. The kids were all excited. When they were all seated she picked up the cake and chucked it into the trash. The kids were shocked. She told them that the cake represented her lessons. She spends a lot of time preparing them and when they misbehave it's like them throwing it in the trash. She then walked out of the classroom and went home leaving the kids there for 45 minutes to think about it.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote