View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Depends in part on how the first time ended (i.e., divorce vs. death). Which is a very interesting concept in itself - how important it is to marry in the temple at least once.

But I think the bigger question is how compatible are you with someone of a different religion. We've got so many idiosyncrasies as Mormons that something's going to give, isn't it? I had a hard enough time with a wife who was a "less active" LDS. Of course that leads to the question of pre-marital expectations, as she was active at the time we got married.

I agree that a high percentage of LDS would find it a dealbreaker, because of the doctrine of celestial marriage.
My question:

At what point does an LDS person, in particular, or a person of another religious faith community, decide, "companionship with a really fantastic person is worth more than settling for somebody who is simply of the same faith"?

You found a super hot woman, who was also of the same faith, but if she were the same fantastic person, but not of the same faith, at what point would you be willing to say, "I love that person, and we'll work on the eternities later, because I'd rather spend this life with a great person than one with a not so great person with whom I won't spend the eternities any how"?