View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #19
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Interesting. Personally, if people wish to do something apart from mainstream, they may wish to confine it to their homes, but we shouldn't also be afraid to discuss the matter.

And you believe temple visits should interrupt conjugal visits?
It was the very personal nature of the priesthood exercise -- the ordination of son by father -- that I'm sure did not make anyone think twice; it was a father emphasizing a part of his faith to his son at a seminal moment of the son's development. If the father had given a talk where he replaced every possible reference to "Heavenly Father" with "Heavenly Parents," the reaction may have been different. In my ward, it wouldn't have been different, but the point remains.

If I were ever put to the choice between temple attendance with my wife and conjugal relations with my wife, I'd choose the the temple of which Paul speaks in 1 Cor. 6:19-20. You know, the one to which only I hold the recommend?
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote