View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

I don't know how you feel, but I've felt overburdened at times and longed for wide open Sundays. When I've given myself a free Sunday pass, the whole day felt jilted, and wasn't enjoyable. If you're going to do this, I think you're doing it the right way: going whole hog.

I have one nagging thought: with primary, I assume you don't have to prepare much after doing it for 17 years (negligent bishopric, BTW -- unless you wanted it). And so it is 3 hours on a Sunday that you are saving. Is it the extra time that has relieved you of so much stress, or is it something else? You describe it as if it is the time . . . and perhaps you're so busy (which you definitely are by the sounds of it), that an extra three hours -- and more importantly, a wide open day -- really do make the difference.

But maybe it's the "mantle" of activity -- that weight and self-expectation that's been lifted off your shoulders -- that has caused you to feel so light and free.

I assume the kids and wife are going along with it . . .
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote