View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 PM   #19
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
This is the most ridiculous game of semantics. If a man wants to have sex with men and doesn't want to have sex with women, then he is gay. Calling it "same sex attraction" or a "homosexual temptation" like Elder Oaks does doesn't make it something different.

Again, I don't believe you have ever talked to a gay person about this issue. They aren't "tempted" with "homosexual feelings." They are gay.
Oh, I fully acknowledge that's what many of them say. And that's certainly what society tells them too. Unfortunately that doesn't reconcile itself to the fact that it's a highly immoral act offensive to God. Sin is what it is, and we're all guilty. No one has a right to rationalize that away on the basis that God hard-wired them that way, no matter the nature of the offense. These are just the kind of heart-rending challenges the atonement exists for.

You call it a semantics game, but words have meaning. The way you characterize an issue can have a huge impact on how you approach handling it, to say nothing of legislating it (i.e., gay marriage).

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote