View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Waters
No, I'm serious. I'm on the Lord's side. If more people were on the Lord's side we wouldn't have this mess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
Agreed, but are you gonna answer the question of why you enjoy/insist on playing Devil's Advocate so much? Especially in a situation where you've literally had war declared on you and your family?
Perhaps Mike has already answered your question, Rocky, but it's not the answer you want to hear?

As for war being declared on us, other than the two attacks on the Twin Towers, the battle is not on US soil. I'm no pacifist - at least not in the political sense - but until we really have to defend ourselves, I believe the counsel of the Lord to "turn the other cheek" is pretty good advice. Should they hit the US again, then it would be time to strike back with a show of force of what they're really up against. Blowing them all up on their soil only pisses off everyone else. Blowing them up on US soil gives the rest of the world no reason to be upset - though many probably will still be.

There are no simple answers to the mess in the Middle East.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote