View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Perhaps we can all get off our lofty high horses for a few moments, even though I believe there are some lofty goals enshrined within the Second Amendment.

For many, it boils down not to high-minded philosophies, but to one of two positions. Gun enthusiasts want little or no restrictions to impede their enjoyment. The reasons are diverse, from interests of self-defense, a respect for our cultural upbringing and much else.

For non-gun enthusiasts, they see guns as inherently dangerous and are happy to be rid of them. Obama and Cali probably fall into the latter camp. They want to sound high-minded, "I respect the Second Amendment, I just don't interpret it the way you do," because who wants to be labeled as somebody who doesn't respect the Constitution, that's worse than being called a Nazi.

For most, it's really that simple.
Until Obama demonstrates that he doesn't want to rid the Constitution of the 2nd Amendment, I won't trust him to not do it.

If that puts me on a high horse, than I'll ride it without having 2nd thoughts.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote