View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #32
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUsportsguy View Post
Would you like him better if he was your bishop and not the coach of our favorite football team?
One thing I can say with 100% certainty. I like him better as coach of my favorite football team than the guy he replaced. As far as being my bishop, I'd be ok with either. BYU did what they could last time a change had to be made. They made overtures to Andy Reid, followed by Norm Chow who both said no. Then they tried to get Whittingham but Utah wasn't going to be outbid on the eve of their most important game ever to that point. The staff would have completely fallen apart before their bowl game if Whittingham wasn't hired, so they would have paid whatever it took. Maybe we should have kept bidding to make them overpay even more. Who knows. I don't think we could have gotten him anyway. So then it came down to Lance Reynolds or Bronco. Do you really think Reynolds would be doing significantly better? Sure maybe there could have been a couple of darkhorse outsider type choices, but we got burned badly the last time we tried that. You do the best with what options you have, and I think BYU did that. The program was in shambles thanks to the mishandling of it by Crowton, Hale and Bateman. I think Bronco has done a good job of pulling us out of that. That doesn't mean we can't get better however.

Last edited by BlueK; 03-31-2009 at 10:18 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote