View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #37
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Possibly. Elder Andersen could name five. [*Cue Fusnik whine.] But he didn't, and so the inevitable conclusion among Borderlanders is that it's Monson's fault.
In reality, most of us who harbor some belief sit closer to one side of the fence than we would like to believe.

Tex and Indy believe Elder Anderson is THE apostle which God wants now, and I'm not saying those two profess this, but some believe that God may have whispered the name into President Monson's ear, instead of President Monson taking to God in prayer.

Others opine that he has been accepted by suggestion and that it really doesn't matter. In the end, both sides may accept him as an apostle, but the method of arrival differs.

Now people will take issue by pointing to the verbiage used by leaders, he said the Lord chose. And I wouldn't argue one could use that verbiage if it was the Lord acquiesced. One makes a stronger plea, especially coming from a position of authority.

The difference I don't believe necessarily that there is only one whom would have been accepted, and believe whom is selected is based in no small part upon the circle of associates known to the Prophet. If it weren't so, an apostle would occasionally be called from outside the circle.