View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Apparently, Henry Eyring does. His message is titled "Teaching True Doctrine". Here's another worthy snippet:
Simplicity in teaching or in thinking? Or both? You seem to be taking his message about what we should teach as doctrine and concluding that we don't need to do any personal thinking or study beyond that. Obviously what I think after my own scripture study and what the spirit reveals to me personally isn't doctrine and I won't teach it as such. But I can share some thoughts in class and let others make their own conclusions. Is there something wrong with that? Or do we want to be like the JW's where hear the same thing from every person as if turning on the tape recorder? Halfway into my mission after running into so many JW's I think I knew about all there was about their doctrine because it was so simplistic. After 18 months or so I probably knew more JW doctrine than plenty of JW's I met and could correct them from their own books if I wanted to. I think you can take things too far in that direction.

Last edited by BlueK; 04-29-2009 at 04:12 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote