View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #54
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
If you don't see the conspiracy here, you won't see it anywhere. Give me a break.
Seeing non-existent conspiracy is what your tinfoil hat does for you. Wear it with pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Torturing people is illegal, and we already know that Bybee knew torture was illegal (he says so in the memo). So did he know that waterboarding was torture? Based on the fact that he has privately been telling close friends that he was uncomfortable issuing the opinion but did so because he believed it wasn't going to be relied upon (he was told the administration wanted a wide variety of opinions discussing many possible ways torture could be viewed and his assignment was to write an opinion that could justify the legal use of torture), he could be in hot water, especially since I understand there to be at least one email from him on this topic to a close friend from January of 2007.
We shall see. I think it's an exceptionally shaky case.

In any case, as Waters (unintentionally) points out, this is all just a "Get Bush" witchhunt by proxy. It's just that you folks are too cowardly to actually try to indict a former president.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote