View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
What is up with that?

Another LDS family we know has been affected by the conversion of one or both of the parents to the worship of crystals. From an outsider's perspective, it appears it all began with financial distress.

The first family over the years had difficulty making ends meet, started several business ventures, things did not go very well, then they met up with some group in Utah that did not believe in paying taxes, and within a short time were introduced to crystal worship and they left the Church taking their children with them.

The most recent, again financial distress, on the brink of bankruptcy, the father begins worshipping crystals, he is now living out in the wild in a tent and left the Church. The mother took the children with her, divorce in progress, mother and kids remain active in the Church.

What is attracting LDS members to worshipping crystals? Any crystal worshippers on this board?

The most recent is the one that troubles me. The brother comes from a good family, seemingly great marriage, 4 or 5 kids, always has been active, RM, temple marriage, etc...
Do they also believe in the rest of that "new age" stuff like the aliens with the big eyes who abduct people in their sleep? If you ask me, the alien abduction stories usually are associated with those who follow new age/neo paganism probably as a means to promote itself.