Thread: We're screwed
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 AM   #59
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
And although such analyses are useful, if you want me or anybody else to believe they are conclusive in establishing causation, then blow it out your ass.

Liquidity has not been adequately restored to the credit markets, the toxic assets have been over-valued. If you believe otherwise, try getting a loan in Vegas.

So you studied economics at BYU where we're not exactly at the top of the food chain in that arena. And by most estimations, economics, though fascinating in explaining emotional human behavior, is far from a physical science. The explanations are interesting and studies can be fashioned based on one's biases to explain what the scholar "believes" is occurring based upon the techniques of the industry, which is overal skewed toward a Keynsian format.

You'll get no argument from me that a country will benefit more from a culture which encourages engineers and peoples building and manufacturing goods. My own children are geared for that very reason toward engineering and architecture. A developed nation which has no industrial and technological base has no future in my opinion. Ours is obviously dwindling.
So would you argue against that a country that expends its talent in lobbying the government, seeking special favors, and transferring wealth around without peoples building and manufacturing goods has no future?