View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 01:57 AM   #37
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I guess I thought a response to this question was implied in my post earlier today. I'm saying it's certainly a factor (among others) that makes his response UNDERSTANDABLE. None of us will probably really, fully, objectively understand what happened. My larger point, however, is that any version of events could lend itself to an interesting discussion on racial profiling or police protocol or neighborhood watches or any number of topics. But instead we start bickering about what the facts really are until we're tired of it, and then we move on without much insight.
Of course it's a factor. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled to be accused of burglarizing my own home after a long trip either. But based on the available information, it sounds like Gates crossed the line.

Your larger point would be far more interesting if some racial profiling actually took place. One thing that really annoys me about this incident is that Gates and Obama have both tried to use it as a launching point for just that kind of discussion, when it really had nothing to do with it.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote