View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Firestorm?

There was no heat, no light, and no smoke. But besides that, it was quite a fire!

I will grant you that the Utah vs. Bama game is part of what makes the BYU vs. OU game the greatest. It provided the context, and thereby increased the media value.

This BYU game has altered the landscape for the entire season. It has likely prevented Bradford from repeating as Heisman winner. It has put the relative value of the UT vs. OU game in doubt. It has utterly changed the landscape.

Thus the greatest win, on the greatest stage....EVER....For the MWC.
You have a very warped perception of the meaning of achievement. This game will be next to meaningless unless BYU goes to a BCS bowl. The biggest wins ever are the ones that came in BCS bowls and put an MWC team in the top 2 and top 5 in the nation, at season's end, with a legitimate claim to the national title (including, in 2009, a no. 1 ranking in a majority of computer polls, including the BCS computer). I suggest that we defer this discussion until January 4, 010. By the way, we've had this discussion on another board and all the BYU fans ultimately agreed with me. College football success is about undefeated seasons and bowl championsips, not flashes in the pan.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote