View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
A team that will be extremely weak defensively at the 4 and 5. Will not have shot-blocking, will likely struggle with rebounding.

I predict they will go to the dance and lose in the first round, meaning that for BYU, it will be an extremely successful season.
Hartsock demonstrated some shot blocking ability as did Anderson. Miles does not have that.

Do you know that Davies lacks defensive skills? I know little about him except that he played in Provo, which usually raises my suspicions about his basketball skills.

I wouldn't call Miles extremely weak, just not exceptionally strong on defense. We will be short though.

Lots and lots of 6'5", 6'6" type players.

But I agree our interior defense may be a big problem. However, do we have anybody on the schedule which will intimidate our middle?

Arizona shredded Utah in the Tourney despite playing up and down. Did they lose any of their players to normal attrition or NBA?

For Arizona State, did Harding move on?

After considering our schedule, the players we have, it looks as if Moses remains in the desert yet another year, lest we underestimate some of the players such as Haws and Davies.

Last edited by Archaea; 10-08-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote