View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I suppose it turns on whether Tyler Haws can contribute enough and whether Davies contributes, as well as any match ups.

As usual, the roster is not loaded with speedy, NBA future pros, but it is from top to bottom, probably better than it has been, but the big question, does it finally have a money player.

Fredette will probably be the money player with Tavernari sharing the load at scoring. I know Mike, you find him to be a waste, but he's what we have this season.

A couple of players, if they mature, might be able to add quite a bit, Noah Hartsock and James Anderson. Both have some mobility not usually associated with BYU bigs.

Fredette is usually stable and a tough player.

Morgan and Lloyd provide some defense with limited offensive options. Let's hope Morgan drops his turnover ration and that Lloyd's shot has improved.

Miles is what he is, but he's really the main power big. After that Hartsock provides some defensive capabilities but lacks the mass.

Wildcards which might dictate how BYU does are Abouo, Davies and Haws. If any of these make significant contributions, BYU could be a good team winning that magical Tourney game, after so many years. Is there a balm of Gilead, will Moses finally see the promised land?

Emery is a serviceable guard and then two guys whom I suppose practice hard, Zylstra and Magnusson.

Naturally I'd like some more power in the paint, and some NBA hops, but this is BYU, so get real. Overall, not a bad team, but are our forty years finally over?
Teams with less talent than BYU win first round games every year.