View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #43
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I actually laughed out loud when I read that. I've got 8000 posts on this message board, and Arch thinks I "rarely" express myself with my own words. Ha.
For the most part, you do the hit and run thing, and borrow words of another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post

That is part of your problem.
That insult doesn't work on me, Tex.

Those words are fluff. I know the experiences they pertain to, but that is the cop out Mormons engage in. We engage in groupspeak, allowing the words of others to silence our own voices.

Those words are slightly arrogant. They speak as those if you agree with and speak in the same dialect, that you will share in the experience, therefore you are convinced and believe. "The Spirit of truth" is shorthand for a few concepts, sometimes referring to the influence of the Holy Ghost which whispers to the mind and heart, sometimes it refers to scriptural references and sometimes it can also refer to instincts.

"Preacheth and edified one another" speaks to having one's words confirmed to the listener by the Holy Ghost.

The final pericope is the insult, and I'll just leave that one be. People are quite capable of understanding without agreeing with the methodology. I shun the commonplace because it shows a lack of effort to impart one's own efforts.

Once again, you've proven my point, that you, who are probably quite bright, are unwilling to speak your own mind. For once, I'd rather read you reason it out in your own words.