View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Actually, as he tells the story (which I recognize may partly be an excuse), a lot of the reason he stopped attending was that he moved, and he felt like going to a new ward was too uncomfortable. He felt like he didn't know how to go in with "hi, I'm new. I"m an excommunicated gay man." So he just stopped going.

When they visit me, they go to church with me. If they went to their own ward together. . . yeah, I think that would be interesting.
What's the harm in attending once?

I'm trying to imagine, let's say he contacted a Bishop beforehand, and said "I'm planning on showing up, I'm ex'd, I'm a believer, I am respectful, I'm not hear to cause trouble." What would be the reaction of the average Bishop? Say the Bishop asks him to attend. To which your brother replies, "Is there a ward that I *could* attend?" Of course, Bishop can't answer for every ward. So Bishop kicks it over to the Stake President and the High Council. I'm trying to imagine what that conversation would be like with the Stake Presidency. Is it possible they would ask him to attend? Would the stake president ask for a "volunteer" ward? Would the stake president tell the refusing Bishop to allow him to attend?

And what if there is a Mike Waters on the High Council? Hmmm.....such interesting scenarios.

If you are a single gay guy, I don't think many people care. But a dapper gay couple, tongues might wag.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote