View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_...ider-expansion

Quote:
Bringing in Utah and Colorado might be a winner (Salt Lake City and Denver markets), and at least one Pac-10 athletic director said that's the most likely scenario. Of course, prying Colorado away from the Big 12 might not be easy.
If this were to happen, I would support BYU never playing Utah again. Screw them. We don't need those commuter-school inbreds.

If BYU were to remain in the MWC, most likely revamped with the addition of Boise State and Fresno State, and perhaps Nevada. This would be a hard pill to swallow.

One would hope that BYU could finagle its way into the Big 12.

Dear General Authorities,

Please let me make the case for BYU in the Big 12. While I know you would rather be in the Pac 10 due to the large LDS footprint on the West Coast, and for the acceptance from the academic elite you think this woudl signify. I disagree.

LDS presence is known (and saturated) on the West Coast. LDS are much less well-known in the Big 12 footprint. This will introduce LDS history and values to a new group of people. Especially in the South, which is the last religious group left in the United States.

At one time, Joseph Smith seriously considered moving the Saints to Texas. It may be time again, to move the Saints south. The Mormon spirit of independence and the Texan spirit are kin. Let the Saints go where they will thrive. We need not be enmeshed in the political correctness of the Pac 10. Let us go to the Big 12 where freedom reigns.

Keeping it Real and True,

Mike Waters
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote