View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 04:04 PM   #38
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
So what is this narrow field of interest? There's no observable, physical relationship between the the "Book of Abrham scrolls" and the Book of Abraham. MesoAmerican and middle Eastern archeology have as much to do with the Book of Mormon as they do Alice in Wonderland. What do the Dead Sea scrolls have to do with Mormon scriptures? NADA. There's nothing to study concerning this "narrow field.". This is what I find reprehensibe. High falutin pretense at scholarly pursuit when there's no there there. They're studying the limited geography theory you say. You wouldn't fill up a thimble with real linguistic, archeological, scientific, anthropological evidence bearing on this. Unlike the Hebrew, the Assyrians, etc. There's no evidence these Book of Mormon "peoples even existed. All the limited geography theory is is a retrenchment, a dissembling. It doesn't justify a think tank, reams of articles, a web page hundreds of thousands of dollarrs a year. It's all a big charade. Really just a big lie. Like I said, there are Mormon intellectuals. I listed some of them above. These jokers aren't among them.

Cheers
Didn't you say a while back that you hadn't followed this area of study at all? Now it appears you are a well-read expert. Interesting....