Old 01-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #103
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
plus:

"study" and "story" are not synonyms.

The "story" is about the "study."

I pointed out that Tex did not read the AP study.

In defense, Tex chided me for accusing him of not reading the AP story when he did.
The problem with these discussions is we can't have an honest disagreement. Instead, especially with Cali involved (who poisons nearly any thread he posts in), it always devolves into word-parsing. This message board is not a legal courtroom, and we (or at least I) am not submitting carefully worded legal briefs. Making a good faith effort to try and understand what the other person is saying contributes to a decent discussion, even when it's spirited.

I brought up the original distinction between analysis and study, because I was under the impression you thought there was an actual study (in the academic sense) that was somehow being kept from the public (and that was the distinction drawn by the AP reporters). If you didn't think that, and I misread your comments, then I apologize. Whatever you want to call what the AP did, it sounds like they are willing to make their data available. How about you give them a call, and ask them, eh? Or email Cowen.

Personally, I'd like to drop the whole study/story/analysis/conclusion nonsense, because it's a total distraction from what we were debating, which is ... um ... now see, I can't remember.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 01-19-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote