View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How much better will the team be next August?

I don't know how many of the newcomers will be able to contribute. We'll have returning missionaries and new freshmen.

The freshmen will be hard-pressed to make the jump but some view the freshmen linebackers as potentially contributing, maybe Apo contributing as a receiver and who knows. Perhaps the RB from Boaz Alabama will contribute.

My concerns. QB. We're going to take some lumps there. The performance will not be as clean, even though Max was far from perfect.

O Line is thin, real thin. Why didn't we shore that part up. We had depth problems last year, and this should have been a priority.

D Line is new but some talent seems to be there. I worry we're not talented enough there to pressure qbs, and couple that with an entirely new linebacking crew, we could have to rely too much upon corners even though are safeties are not settled.

We have good running backs, with Harvey, JJ, Josh and the Boaz kid.

Tight ends look like a work in progress and receivers should be better but still not break out receiver. Collie is likely to prove to be an anomaly rather than the norm.

Overall, it looks like a three to four loss season. We won't be very happy unless we finish strong. It is unlikely to be a glory season and a heavy loss to FSU is probable.

TCU should thump us, and watch out for UW with Jake returning, I think. Plus they have a solid coaching staff.

Utah is in limbo and any other loss should be upsetting. AFA is problematic so early in the season, but we'll see. A five loss season should impel Acapulco cliff diving.