View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 06:07 AM   #2
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
He's moving up in all the polls after the debate.

I think he's passed the presidential test and the "you're not a loon" test. After all these years, concerns about Mormonism have diminished.

Would you rather take a moderate Mormon, or a BSC evangelical like Bachmann? Romney comes across as perfectly sane in comparison.

Of course, I find myself not necessarily liking many of his positions, and not really trusting his finger to the wind mentality.

But such as it is, it is.
He's fighting with Pawlenty to be the "not crazy Republican candidate" in this year's field- and ironically that may disqualify him from contention in the Republican primaries.

Fortunately for Romney, Pawlenty is just awful at campaigning and is less inspiring than a piece of toast. He stands a good chance at being the alternative to crazy this year.

The only other person that right now looks to have any shot is Huntsman, and that's a LOOOOOONG shot. He basically needs the economy to improve and for the election to turn on foreign policy issues. Always possible- look at how 2008 turned out (year of the economy when everyone expected it to be the year of security), but not looking good for him right now.

Obama's sitting pretty.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote