View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default You want narcissism? I give you Joe Lieberman

Joe Lieberman is a stupendously arrogant, self-absorbed man. When Monicagate was exposed, he was quick to break ranks with his party and lament that his ten year old child could not have watched the evening news. He did so in a calculated, melodramtic fashion that made evangelicals proud, I'm sure, and won him a spot as Gore's running mate. Then he went against the prevailing sentiment in his party and vigorously supported the invasion of Iraq. So, guess what? His party kicked him off the democratic ticket in his state's senate race; certainly a foreseeable outcome. Now he's going to make sure that his party suffers for such impudence, and run as an independent, thereby almost guaranteeing that his party will lose the final election. He will take his party down with him.

I'm the last person to judge a person for getting a divorce. But the fact that Lieberman left his longtime wife a number of years ago is worth noting for the hypocritical public explanation he gave for it--she wasn't religious enough for him.

I'm not a democrat, but Joe Lieberman as a human interest story really leaves me disliking the guy. He's going to reap the results of all this bad karma he's made for himself till he takes his last breath, I venture.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote