View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Who is your favorite candidate?

Cain--his lack of experience along with his lies and incompetence make him a non-starter.

Perry--corrupt cronyism and embarrassing stupidity and ignorance.

Santorum--if we ever elected someone this snide and sneering, this unlikable, it would be the end of America.

Paul--as an ideologue, he is just too inflexible for reasonable folks to imagine him being the President. His foreign policy ideas are an example of this.

Gingrich--he's smart, but he always seems to be one step away from some kind of disastrous move or decision. Temperament is an important question with him. Not to mention all the insider business he has profited from over the years.

Bachmann--I had originally lumped her in with Palin, as an idiot. But she is very different than Palin. She is smart (at least compared to my preconceived notions of her). The dealbreaker with her is that like Cain, she doesn't have the skins on the wall. Too inexperienced. And also too prone to throw out red meat.

Romney--which is also the criticism on him. Too much red meat for convenience. But he is much more nuanced about it. Unflappable in fact. He says conservative things, but has a credibility gap. But what he has going for him is that he is vetted, and can actually communicate.

Huntsman--has done a very poor job articulating his reason for running for president. What does he stand for? He's actually run to the left of his record, in some ways. He has no natural constituency. But to his credit, he has been a "grown up" among this field. The lack of name recognition and GOP bonafides makes him a 2016 contender, not a 2012 one.

I'm trying to imagine who Tex's favorite is. It can't be Huntsman. Gingrich or Paul?

If it's Perry or Cain, for shame.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote