View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Britain is full of these nut jobs.

I was in London a few weeks after 9-11 for an architectural studio. We were leaving on a Sunday afternoon, so I took the morning went to Speakers' Corner. There I found some nut-job radical crying out 'Death to America!...' okay not really, but it was more like, 'The chickens have come home to roost.' He used those exact words. He also said that OBL had nada to do with nada. And he said that the U.S. deserved it all. I started to get into it with the guy. He was claiming that Islam was the peaceful way. I asked him what they do with homosexuals in Islamic countries. He said that homosexuals were put to death in many Islamic countries. I asked him if that was the 'peaceful way.' He said that it was God's way.

So a large group of islamic men were gathering around this man, and they were REALLY into all of the crap he was spewing. So I thought I would make a point of the idiocy of what he was saying, so I got into a shouting match with the guy. That didn't sit well with a lot of the onlookers, who tried to get me to stop, so I said, "It IS Speakers' corner, isn't it? I can speak if I damn well want to." So the guy started to ignore me and just speak over me. So I pulled out a big fat fib and said, "This man preaches peace, but condones the destruction of the WTC and all of the lives of women and children and husbands and fathers that were stolen on that day. He preaches peace, while the bodies of women hang from ropes in the soccer stadiums of Afghanistan. This man preaches peace, but if I, a GAY MAN (the big fib) were to live in an Islamic country, I would be put to death."

Some news camera was filming the whole thing, so somewhere in some dusty archive bin of some news office, my 'coming out of the closet' was recorded for all time.

The crowd was not digging me, and I was getting a lot of nasty looks, so I left and caught my plane back to NYC and I haven't been back since.

But London is full of Islamic whackos.

Last edited by Robin; 08-10-2006 at 05:08 PM.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote