View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think this season will be a lot like last season. Mediocre, with the sealing being squeaking into the NCAAs.

You ask yourself where the upgrades are. Chase Fischer. Then who?

Any team that plays Worthington significant minutes won't be good. Expect this team to be dominated by teams with good bigs.

Remember we still have Haws, who is a terrible defender. Big question mark is whether Collinsworth will have recovered from his knee injury, and whether he can hit the side of a barn with his shot.

This team last year was AWFUL at defense. Can Rose improve on that? Starting to be some question marks about Rose's ability to coach up defense.
A lot will depend on KC's health. Given BYU's lack of fortune in this area, I'm not counting on it. But if KC remains healthy, BYU should squeak into the Tourney and be more competitive than they were last year.

As far as defense is concerned, I don't doubt Rose's abilities, but I doubt the abilities of the current players not named KC and Winder. Kaufusi actually looks as if he could be taught to play good defense. He his good running skills, and can block some shots. He needs to belly up in the blocks, but he should be serviceable as a defender. In his sole game, I didn't see any offensive moves. We will lack offensive scoring in the post. In short, there won't be any dependable scoring there.

My general concern is Rose's half court offense. I don't see us having a dependable offense for the half court.

Haws looks slimmer and his shots will help. Winder looks more in control and more confident. Fischer looks to be a gunner.

Nixon might be able to play some defense. We will lose at least two out of three to Gonzaga.