View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #7
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Who cares.

Just a reminder of why I originally left CB. Different philosophy. I don't mind of El Jefe disagrees with me, or even hates me. Just I don't like being shut down because he doesn't agree with my interpretation.

No matter, I feel like any contribution I make over there is a waste. Pearls before swine.

I have a strong familial connection with Polynesians. My grandfather lived in Polynesia. I have a Polynesian cousin. I served my mission with many Polynesians. I have lived in the Pacific.

I find the poster's implication to be offensive, and I said so.
He shouldn't have shut you or anyone else down for challenging that guy's statement, even if he doesn't agree with your interpretation of what he said.

But going back to the original topic, I think the last recruiting class since Martzen took over as recruiting coordinator seems to indicate that BYU has finally changed the approach over Bronco's earlier years. Now they have a non-LDS guy searching out players, LDS or not, who seem to be a good fit for what BYU needs and is. The preliminary results are promising. Players like Jordan Leslie are a great example of the kinds of non-LDS guys who fit BYU well personally and also represent the school well. They are out there and we need them, along with the best LDS talent. I think it's forcing them to be more pro-active in their recruiting across the board because they have to be to get those non-LDS guys Martzen is finding. The problem is it is going to take a few years before this apparent change in philosophy makes a big difference on the field.

Last edited by BlueK; 01-06-2015 at 07:11 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote