View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
Moses 2:

26 And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 And I, God, created man in mine own image, in the image of mine Only Begotten created I him; male and female created I them.

31 And I, God, saw everything that I had made, and, behold, all things which I had made were very good; and the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Man/woman were created in the image and likeness of God. Generally we interpret that to mean that God has a nose, and has eyes, and hands, and feet, and legs, because we have those things, but what does his likeness mean?

God is perfect, everywhere, all knowing, powerful, loving, kind, generous, etc, and since we were created in his likeness, in his mold, we now have the abilities to be like God, to harnass the power given to us in this probation.

Interestingly enough God reiterates this point by saying that he beheld all things which he made and deemed them good. In other words, he saw that man was made perfect, and was ok with the perfect creation.

So what happens, to maintain perfection God requests two things, multiply and to not partake of the fruit of the tree that bestows knowledge of good and evil.

Now is this tree a tree with mystical powers? Or is the fruit representitve of the fruits of our judgements that pushes us away from God's presence? The tree represents knowledge of what is good and bad, why would God not want us to partake of it? Could it be because we are perfect as is and need not worry what is 'good' and what is 'evil?'

Christ consistently taught to not judge, lest ye be judged, to be as a child, meek, humble, and dare I say nonjudgemental.
In my judgement, you don't seem to understand what Christ is teaching regarding judgement.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote