View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 05:58 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
How many wins? Put it out there.

Mike mentioned the non-conference schedule. It will be at least a little better if you've followed the recent news. Ok, to someone who refuses to be impressed by anything ever, it's hardly an ACC conference schedule. But compared to the last couple of years it will be better. Games with UNLV and SDSU should be fun, if nothing else. Also, the three RMs joining this year were top 100 recruits (Baxter, Harding, Lee). It appears this will also be the first time in the last six years or so that the roster isn't getting completely blown up from the previous year, so I think some continuity will probably help. I think Yoeli will come back. Obviously that would be important.

https://cougarsportswire.com/2018/04...8-19-schedule/

Back in the day in the Wac and in the MWC, BYU won conference titles, made it to the Tourney now and then and once in awhile won a game there.

Now, BYU lucks into the NIT and loses in the first round. How can one care about a team that can't win the WCC?

I appreciate Dave Rose for what he has meant to BYU, but maybe the game has passed him by. He's not recruiting well, and his teams aren't playing well.

I have no idea if the team will resort to form and lose to sucky teams while failing to defeat SMC and Gonzaga, to finish in third place, to struggle to make the NIT and to be one again a disappointment.

BYU will win 18-22 games with most games won being uninteresting and unimportant.