View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 02:50 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

In the investment world, if you had a ten year bad investment, you'd eventually cut bait and fish.

BYU has been a bad entertainment investment for the past ten years, even though during the previous twenty years, it performed nicely. We're now under bad management.

Beck, bless his heart, is not star starter material.

Bronco is satisfied with mediocrity.

And the BCS has made it nearly impossible for upstarts outside to compete.

BYU, if it had had almost any of its good quarterbacks of yore, would have easily defeated the woeful Arizona team. The team did not play awfully, but showed it is not a good team, and likely will not be, this year.

Could it become magical? Of course, but, not likely with the same cast of characters.

There is NOTHING magical about Beck's ability to perform. He is mechanical and unimaginative. I didn't see a single one of his audibles that did a blessed thing. With Beck, what you see is what you get. Mechanically going through the motions, but can't get it done when it counts.

Note I turned off college football on CB last year toward the end of the year, and have already turned it off on CB this year. The Arizona game is just a repeat of past failings.

Unless BYU defeats Boston College, it is unlikely I will watch again this year.